Saturday, May 03, 2014

Our Beautiful World: Fruit

The theme this week at Our BeautifulWorld is Fruit. 



These are quinces from my own garden. 

Summer in my garden smells of rosemary and lavender, autumn smells of apples and quinces.  I always wanted quinces in my garden because my Grandfather had them and I loved the smell and their fuzzy appearance.  I also like to eat them, either as a dessert or as jelly on toast.  You can buy them at the supermarket but they are not the same.

These photos are taken inside at night so the lighting isn’t very good.

Have a lovely weekend and thank you for visiting.


Skye

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I would like to be in your garden, hmmm... smelling great all year round, thanks for joining us this week and sharing the quinces with us at Our Beautiful World!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo Skye...I have never eaten Quinces...would love to see photos of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never seem to have all the garden weeded and tidy at the same time. So I never take photos. My catch cry is "next year it will be perfect" I will see what I can do though.

      Delete
  3. I've never sen these - they look a little like greengages ... Thanks so much for sharing with us at Our beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quinces Skye..loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Skye...yes I guessed they were quinces...I just love quince jelly, but I haven't seen a quince tree for many years...maybe I'll check out the supermarket too. Thanks for sharing your photo at OBW cheers and have a great week Robyn

    ReplyDelete