Sunday, October 26, 2014

Rustic


The theme this week at Our BeautifulWorld #69 is Rustic.

This afternoon I suggested to my husband that we go for a drive in the countryside.  I told him I was looking for an example of rustic to photograph.  He said he could show me some interesting roadside letter boxes.

This house owner has turned a bike into a letterbox.
Here are a few more examples of country ingenuity.

A couple more photos I took today.  The first photo is of an old farm house and buildings.  The second is a metal sculpture.

The old building was the last shot I took.  We had pulled over onto the side of the road and as I was taking the photos I was thinking about the warm weather and that it brings out the snakes, when I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye.  Yes a snake!  I quickly returned to the car.  Gosh my pulse was racing.  That was a little more excitement than I wanted.

Well I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.  Take care and thank you for visiting.


Skye

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos Skye ...Lovel all the different letterboxes..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Skye....don't forget to join my candy.xxx The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab they are Skye, clever one with the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute letter boxes and I love the motorcycle! It would fit right in to a meme about old things over at rubbishbyroan !

    ReplyDelete