Saturday, October 13, 2012

Farfalle with Edamame

Hello,

As I have said before I like recipes that are quick because I don’t want to spend all night cooking after working all day.  It must also be tasty otherwise no-one will eat it.

Here is a recipe that has become one of my favourites.  It’s from French Women For All Seasons by Mireille Guiliano.
 
I don’t always use farfalle pasta.  If it is in the cupboard I use it if not I use whatever pasta is available.  I don’t bother with fresh edamame instead I buy it frozen and already podded  from a local Asian supermarket. 

Sometimes I make a smoked salmon pasta and I like to use this lemon sauce, it makes a nice light summer lunch.
 
Farfalle with Edamame

Ingredients
350g farfalle pasta
Salt and freshly ground paper
400g shelled edamame
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
80g grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

1.       Cook the farfalle in salted water according to packet directions and stirring occasionally.  In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the edamame to the pan.  Drain, reserving 80ml of pasta water.

2.      Place lemon zest and juice in a large pan over medium heat.  Add reserved pasta water, oil and 60gm of the cheese.  Mix well.  Add the edamame and farfalle to the lemon mixture, toss well to coat.  Serve immediately, sprinkle with parsley and the remaining cheese.  Season with pepper to taste.

2 comments: