Sunday, September 09, 2012

Foliage

Hello,

I am joining in with Less is More again this week.  The challenge is one layer with foliage.
And here is my card.
 Supplies:  White card, Blockheads image, Penny Black sentiment and Distress Ink.

I enjoy the LIM challenges because I learn a lot from them and they encourages me to try new techniques.  Sometimes I chicken out.  I would have liked to put a boarder or embossing around the image but it had taken me so many attempts to reach this stage that I was worried if I tried to do either I would ruin it.  I also have a question - Can bling be used on one layer cards?

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

Thank you for dropping by

18 comments:

  1. I love this card it's beautiful xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card, lovely colour and great choice of stamp.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, I like the collage effect and these neutral tones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Skye, you certainly didn't need a border around it, bling is fine as long as it isn't OTT!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Skye, i'm glad to see you:D
    What beautiufl card Skye, gorgeous colouriong and your stamp is beautiful!, a great work.
    A hug from Palma, i hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm lacking confidence with one layer cards, and when the card has to follow a certain theme as well, it gets even more challenging! I agree with you though, love the LIM challenges - it's really about pushing yourself out of the comfort zone. The CAS cards often take a longer time to make than the cards full of diverse stuff! I think you've made a GORGEOUS CAS one layer card, Skye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just great Skye, perfect as is
    Minimal embellies are fine..i;d not survive without lol
    Thanks very much
    amndi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. So like your choice of stamp and colour, I don't think it needs a border at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely - perfect for a note card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card, I love the text going through and it's wonderful in the warm yellow, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely arrangement in your image box.
    Heather T.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Skye, this is a fantastic combination. Love the green shade and your arrangement with the text is fantastic.
    Thank you also for your lovely comment on my blog.
    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card Skye - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, Skye. I like the image/text and the coloured background block. I think it stands on its own without bling or border.

    ReplyDelete