Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dark Chocolate Cake

We have just arrived home, having had a lovely evening at the theatre.  We saw a show called Syncopation

I haven't had time to finish the car I am working on so instead I have a recipe for you.

Yesterday there was a work function and I did a tried and test recipe that I was given by a Canadian friend

Dark Chocolate Cake
520g Pkg Dark Devils Food Cake Mix
113g Pkg Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
250ml Sour cream
125ml Cooking oil
125ml Warm water
4 Eggs - beaten
375 ml Semi-sweet Choclate Chips

In a large bowl combine all ingredients except chocolate chips.  Beat 4 minutes.  Fold in chips.  Bake in greased and floured 12cup Bundt pan at 180degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto serving plate.

I don't have a bundt pan so i split the mix between a ring tin and a loaf tin.  With two different size tins you do need to be careful with the cooking time.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment