Thursday, March 15, 2012

The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency

In February I was given a bag of books.  They were the first six books of the The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency series.  I had tried to read them once before but they didn't hold me.  This time I just needed something light and easy to read and I actually enjoyed them. 

Precious Ramotswe, a tradionally built lady, is the detective in question.  Botswana's finest and only detective.  Precious is a lovely character - warm, compassionate and caring.  She has a knowledge of human nature that helps her to solve the cases that come to the detective agency.  These cases aren't criminal, they are personal problems. 

Precious is capably supported by the characters of Mr J.L.B. Maketoni, the proprietor of Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors and her assistant Grace Makutsi.  The stories are light, charming and at times humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment